Sunday 25 March 2012

Another week...

Fairly quiet week again in terms of birding, still bogged down with college work. I heard Skylarks singing on several occasions from the farmland across the road but not been able to spot any yet. I had a nice surprise on Friday morning when I woke up and opened the curtains to see 2 Yellowhammers feeding on some spilled seed in the garden. Before I had a chance to get the camera they had already legged it.




Birding outwith the garden has almost been non-existent but there was reports of 3 white-winged gulls at the local fish factory so I took some time on Saturday morning to go and check. The 1w-Glaucous was seen briefly before it flew off and the 2w-Iceland gull was sleeping on the apex of the fish factory roof and only stirred a couple times to stretch and have a look around. No third bird unfortunately but it was nice to get out for a bit.


In other news it was my birthday last week which meant I was able to purchase a book I have been wanting for awhile now, "Gulls of Europe, Asia and North America" by Helm, can't wait to get stuck into it and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow (Monday 26th).

Also at the end of this week I will attending a conference in Carrbridge on Upland Land uses but I will say more on that at a later date. Then I have just a day between that and when I leave for Northumberland! I am going down to Alnwick again to visit my Dad for 8 days with my girlfriend. It won't be a 100% birding trip but will be out and about so hopefully see some interesting things.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment